MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION & APPLICATION
SDI is open for membership to Malaysians and non-Malaysians: non-Malaysians could become Associate Members. Those interested in applying for membership have to indicate their areas of expertise and interest and provide a short write-up on their area of work.
Currently, the Institute has 158 members. 141 ordinary members (Malaysian), 7 associate members (Non-Malaysian) and 10 corporate members.
MEMBERSHIP CRITERION & BENEFITS
Criteria for Ordinary, Associate & Corporate Member
- A short write-up on areas of expertise and interest, and current areas of work in development or research
- Interest in contributing their expertise and knowledge to the policy discussion on development issues in Sarawak
- Active participation in the Institute’s activities and programmes for e.g. as speaker, moderator, etc.
Corporate membership was introduced since early 2001. It is open to organisations & corporations.
- As a Corporate Member of SDI, you would have the opportunity to establish mutually-beneficial partnership or networking with other organisations dedicated to the betterment of the State
- Your corporate support is also an excellent way for your company to give something back to society and the community
- Conference Special Rate for Corporate members (a maximum of 3 persons to an organisation) are eligible for a 25 percent special rate for participating in any fee-paying conferences/seminars/talks organised by the Institute
- Free advisory on research and event management
- A platform to share on organisation’s/corporation’s area of work, products and services
- Collaboration on talks and events
Membership Fee: RM2,000 per annum